Babies Six Weeks To Eighteen Months Old
Choosing a childcare setting for your baby is a difficult decision, something that we at Oakhouse Montessori Nursery fully understand. We encourage prospective parents to come and view the nursery, during which time you will be shown around the building, explained to how our daily routines are carried out, meet the staff that will be caring for your baby and talking through any questions you may have.
Our staff are always available to provide advice, talk about your baby’s progress and listen to anything you may have to say. Working in partnership with our parents is paramount to our success as a high standard nursery and we always welcome feedback.
Our babies participate in many activities as we cater for a variety of development levels. This ranges from tummy time with various cause and effect, noise making and stimulating toys, to participating in messy play, dancing, construction and small world ativities.
All children participate in song and story time as well as sensory activities.
At mealtimes our babies all sit together at low level tables or in low level high chairs to encourage soial skills and table manners. Staff will help to feed young babies and encourage self help skills when the babies are able to feed themselves.
- Formula milk, bottles and food are included in your session price. We ask that you provide nappies and baby wipes, a spare change of clothes in case of any little accidents, a pair of indoor shoes or slippers and appropriate outdoor wear.
- Weekly planning is completed by the staff caring for your baby ensuring that a variety of activities are provided which cover all areas of learning and development. By knowing the babies in our care very well we are able to plan activities that we know they will enjoy which in turn will help them progress in their next steps helping them reach their developmental milestones.
- We offer two settling-in sessions, free of charge. During these you will be required to complete a few forms which will provide us with information that will ensure that we can plan for your baby’s individual needs and preferences and make the transition between home and nursery easier.
- We follow your child's home routine as much as possible and document your baby’s day using daily sheets which contains details on when they have slept, what they have eaten, their nappy changes and what activities they have participated in.
- Your baby will have a ‘Key Person’ who will create a ‘Learning Journey’ which contains observations and photo’s to show what your baby has been doing whilst in our care, which is then linked to the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. This will move through the nursery throughout their time here and once they have reached school age is yours to keep as a memento of your baby’s first five years.
News & Events
“Little children, from the moment they are weaned, are making their way towards